Friday, January 21, 2011

Step One

I finally went to the dentist this morning. I hadn't gone in years and then a couple years ago, I had one single visit to a new dentist that was so horrible I couldn't bear to go back to get any of her suggested work done. It took me this long, but I finally found a new one and went this morning. Whew. Don't get me wrong, I have about fifty bazillion cavities (okay, that might be an exaggeration, but I'm scheduled for two one-hour filling appointments, if that gives you an idea), and the words "possible root canal" and "possible crown" came up, but I didn't want to cry afterwards. For years, I've been mortified that I've taken such bad care when my parents went out of their way to ensure I made it to adulthood with few dental problems. With TTC coming up at the end of the year, I want to make sure that all of the things that affect fertility that I can control are taken care of. Dental care: step number one. Next, exercising, eating better, and cutting out caffeine and wine. My teeth are aching but I feel a little lighter because I'm getting sh*t taken care of.

In other news, we're combining our visit to dear friends with a side trip to meet up with one of our fave donor sib families! So excited!

2 comments:

  1. I did the exact same thing. Only mine was 7 years :) hee hee
    Now I have a dentist who gives me a hand and face massage. Has massage chairs to sit in while waiting and candles lit to set the mood. It's the COOLEST PLACE EVER ! and I always look forward to going now.
    Please find one like mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't gone in 12 years, and now I'm there all of the time. They actually sent me a Starbucks gift certificate last Christmas.

    ReplyDelete