Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday!

Oh, thank god. Nothing particular makes me say that, but it's always nice to have days where you don't have to come to work.

Ru is so sassy. I know you're not supposed to assign traits to your kids, but dude. Last night, sitting at the table, she kept poking her fork in my arm. I asked her not to once, she did it again, so I took the fork away for a minute or so. Her response? She shoved her plate across the table! I took her over to the time out chair. When she came back, we hugged, I told her why she went to time out, and the girl gave me such a look. If she was thirteen, she'd have rolled her eyes at me. I am sure that I didn't handle things correctly, but what the heck? It also doesn't help that I can't seem to correct her or send her to time out without laughing. She's a tricky monkey.

Ellie is so ticklish. She loves being tickled and kissed on the cheek. Somehow, she's decided that the rug next to her crib is where the tickling should take place, so no matter where we are in the apartment, she'll say "lots of kisses?" and "tickles?" and then run back to her room and lie on the floor.

The ultrasound part of the nuchal went fine. It took the tech 10 minutes or so to get him/her to hold still and get in the right position though. 10 minutes of jiggling my belly (yum!), having me cough vigorously (ouch! round ligament pain!), and tipping the table so my feet were above my head. Man, that kid moves! Every time I've seen him/her on the ultrasound recently, Punky is moving and grooving all over the place. The tech and the doctor both told me that everything looks perfect and I am going to assume that the blood work will say the same, but we'll see next weke.

Caspar Babypants live tomorrow! The girls' first show, if you don't count Ruby's salsa in the park last summer. Zazie and I are the most excited of all, I think.

1 comment: