Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tonight Tonight.

Tonight's the night that the film crew comes. I think somehow we passed their test with the first interview we had. Last time they filmed, it was just the producer and a camera person, but this time, it'll be the producer, the director, and at least one camera person. They'll be arriving at our house at 5:30 (before I get home), so I've been told to text as I'm heading home so they can attach a microphone pack on me before I go up to the apartment.

Last night, the producer came over to take pictures of the apartment so they could plan the set-up and lighting. Zazie said they even took a picture of the cat box. They like the idea that we're in "transition"- ie, we just moved to a new apartment & we're expecting our lovely girls. They asked us to keep a few boxes aside so we can unpack. As girls who never let anyone into our apartment unless we've cleaned, this is a difficult situation. They want to show us in transition, but we don't want to give a permanent impression that we're anything less than put together!

We'll make dinner, we'll put together the bookshelf for the girls' room, and then, I don't know what we'll do... they want to film us "doing our thing" for two hours. What the heck are we going to talk about? It goes against the purpose of a documentary if I come up with a list of topics to talk about, right?

I'll have plenty more to tell you tomorrow, I'm sure. I'll take pictures of the girls' room- it's really starting to take shape and look nice. I'll also take pictures of the crew... turnabout's fair play.

No comments:

Post a Comment