Thursday, September 27, 2012

How do I do this?

Ugh. People. I am not sure how I'm going to make it through the next month. I feel like I'm going to keel over and die. I am so exhausted and in such a bad mood most of the time.

The girls have been getting up at butt-crack o'clock every morning... I get up with them whenever they show up in our room (between 5:45 and 6:00), stay up until Lauren gets up at 7:30, then go back to sleep for a half an hour-ish. We have tried the wake-up alarms, but the girls just don't give a sh*t and get up whenever they damn well please. Plus, I've been sick the last week and a half with what the doctor told me today might be viral bronchitis (ie there's nothing they can do for me- annoying!).

The poor girls have been getting the brunt of it. I don't want to yell at them. I want to be the ideal positive parenting example, but it's so freakin' hard. Thing is, they either don't respond to yelling (ie they ignore you) or they get upset and start crying. Neither of those outcomes are what I want. I guess I'm just going to give in on most things for now... let them watch fifteen hours of Art.hur or games on my iPad, let Ru wash her toy horse in the sink for an hour. I just feel so impatient and annoyed with them much of the time. I really want to snap out of that, because that is bullsh*t and not the parent I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. First of all. I'm so sorry that you're sick. AND tired.
    2nd thing. You are sick and tired so give yourself a break. Being impatient and annoyed is totally acceptable. for now.
    They won't remember it in a week when you are feeling better and back to your old self.

    I can't imagine your yelling is too hard or too loud....you know....because of the whole bronchial infection you're sporting.

    Put them to bed earlier. and then you go to bed too. No more of this staying up and having you time :) no really. get some sleep. take care of you. feel better !

    If you need a catch up day. a day to catch your breath (literally) and some sleep. It's time to call in sick. Let your wife play stay at home mom for a day while you get feeling better.

    ReplyDelete