Thursday, March 22, 2012

So many things!

First ultrasound was yesterday. She/he is measuring right on schedule, we saw the heartbeat. Only one more ultrasound and then we're cleared by the RE. Yes!

Ru peed in her potty! Night before last, she was running around and she started pulling down her diaper, so I asked if she wanted to go, she said yes, and she did it! Poor girl... Zazie was praising her, but I think she was embarrassed she'd peed in the potty (her first potty-using experience months ago involved poop and she was totally traumatized and wtf?!) until we both started saying "Yay Ru!" and clapping. She went again last night and this morning. Zazie bought Pu.llUps this morning, so we're going to put those on her during the day. I think she's going to get it quickly...  El is nowhere near potty-training time, but we're hoping that if Ru gets the hang of it, El will want to do it too.

In other news, what the heck am I supposed to eat? Everything makes me want to puke. I am not a squeamish delicate person, so I'm annoying myself with all the retching at smells. This morning, Zazie made chicken salad in the kitchen and I couldn't go in without thinking I might puke. Not that I've puked yet, but you never know when the first time might be. I have been craving Spr.ite, and that sucks because the corn syrup makes my stomach hurt. I just ate a slice of pizza successfully so whee! Other things that are ok: apples, bananas, crackers, microwave burritos, Macro.bars. I'm having difficulty with protein, though. Meat smell makes me ill, Phil. I'd been chewing on those ginger chews, but the sugar in them was throwing me off. I just bought some ginger capsules and hopefully those will do the trick.

2 comments:

  1. I have been patiently waiting for this post. I can't say it's been easy on me.
    Sheesh !

    SO happy to hear everything is good.
    Well. all except for that whole being sick part.

    I hear you on the meat thing. I always just listened to my body and assumed it didn't need the meat.
    Cold cereal was always easy for me to eat. If I could keep it down in the morning....it made me feel so much better.
    I ate crackers because I thought they were supposed to make me feel better. all it did was gave me a dry mouth.
    Keep trying. It'll get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice timing, Ru!

    I'm not sure what the sugar/corn syrup problem is (sorry if you already said; I am way behind on blogs), but if sugar Sprite would be okay, you may be in luck with Passover on the horizon.

    Contrary to everything I read, bland food made me feel horrible. I did better with more definite flavors, if that makes sense, like lemon water, ginger chews, and green salsa. OMG green salsa. Those silly pregnancy hard candies were actually very nice, and also raspberry syrup in my water and raspberry pastilles.

    My nausea was worst at about where you are now, even though I thought it would get worse and worse until at least 12 weeks. Hope your experience is similar.

    ReplyDelete